It’s time to explore how entrepreneurs can access the capital that’s so vital to sustaining and accelerating growth while doing what’s right for themselves and their company.
Entrepreneurs know how their technology can improve healthcare and in turn change the world. However, not all businesses have the same needs at the same time, and then there is the financial stress of unpredictable development timelines, regulations and reimbursement cycles, and the fact that eventually, almost all businesses need cash. So how can your business stay on track?
During this session, we’ll learn how financing and banking solutions can help you hit milestones so you can focus on developing your product. We’ll explore:
· How to know when debt or equity is the right choice for your business
· The pros and cons of equity vs debt capital
· How to minimize dilution of equity
· Ways to extend your cash runway
· How debt vs equity can impact your valuation
· What to look for in an equity and debt provider
· How to evaluate whether a funding agreement and its covenants are right for your business
· A fresh perspective on the Canadian innovation economy
The Great Debate is brought to you by Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS, Canadian Entrepreneurs in Life Science – San Francisco (CELS-SFO) and Silicon Valley Bank.